Monday, September 22, 2014

My thoughts on love

I've been promised so many things in my life and got nothing till this day. Every man comes with a list of promises and no intention of keeping them. It's sad that I can't believe a word that comes out of any mans mouth. Everything sounds like lies and games to me. Because every time I let my guard down and let myself believe in what is said to me, it only ends up being all lies and games. Is my life really supposed to be this way? Where nothing is real. Everything is just a game... Hurt you before you hurt me... Leave you before you leave me... Be the last to catch feelings... Let you chase me, and me not chase in return? I thought this "love" thing would get easier as I got older but the older I get, the less I believe in it. I'm really beginning to think that real love, just doesn't exist anymore. That love I once believed in and hoped to feel one day, is nothing more than a childish fantasy. It saddens me to come to that realization. The one is never the one. When the relationship with the one ends, you find another "the one". There are no soul mates, just happenstance. There is no endless love because love isn't real, and this new thing they call love, doesn't last long. People don't fall in love anymore they just end up in situations that are good til they're not so good and then they part ways. No one stays together to fight for anything anymore. It's so much easier to give up and walk away, move on and bring the same shit into something new. No one wants to stay with one person and work on problems, just pack up whatever issues you came with and start something new with someone new, until those same old issues start to show they're face. Then repeat the cycle all over again. Love is a thing of the past. Our grandparents were the last generation of true lovers. It all went down hill from there, breakups and divorce is the new thing. So staying and fighting, and working things thru is not even an option. Cold hearts, shut down feelings, and selfish minds are the new way to be. Everyone is too out for themselves and prideful, too busy protecting their feelings instead of projecting them. Too busy loving themselves more than they love the person they supposedly love. 
I can't put my belief into finding something that just doesn't exist anymore. Love is dead. And I'm done hoping for it. 

No comments: