Thursday, May 6, 2010

Addicted confessions of a true you-head

Every time I think it's over and its the end
Whenever I end a chapter let a new one begin
Matta fact, scratch that I closed that book
Chose a new one, new subject and gave that one a look
Just when I think it's over and through
Only when I think I'm sure I'm over you
I finally think I'm done and had enough
Tired and fatigued and done with your stuff
You find a way to swoop in and change my mind
Get me to thinking, hoping, wishing to rewin
And go back, well really GET back to not where
But what we were, knowing in my heart you should be here
With me, filling me up with happiness
Instead you got me feeling that emptiness
That hole in my heart that burn in my soul
Got me going out my mind and losing all control
Got me fiendin' to sniff it, shoot it, roll it, puff it or blow it
Anything to get you back in my system and before I know it
I'm back at it again, back in the habit
Back on this thing, yea i know it, I'm addict
Back in my head something i just can't shake
I need it baby, like a fat kid needs cake
It's a craving so strong yes it's true
I can't believe I'm back to being hooked on the drug called you
I've gone away to rehab, I did my 12 steps
Detoxed so that there was not even a trace left
Of you in my system, so how could this be?
How could you still be callin for me
Screaming my name, drawing me in
Making me remember the way I felt back then
When I made you my life and tried every and anything I could
To keep you close so you can make me feel good
Missing your touch
Missing that rush
The feeling of pure you running thru my veins
Blinding and numbing me of all my pains
Until I realized... you're what hurt me the most
Took me to my lowest made me this ghost
How could something love me so bad and hurt me so good?
I left you alone, stopped loving you cuz you told me i should
I almost made a year of being absolutely you free
Clean and sober, good for me!
well so I thought until we met again
Then all those feelings from before came flooding back in
You saying things you know i wanna hear
Talking all that sweet shit in my ear
OMG! And i try to shake it off, shake it out of my head
Successfully too... only now it's in my heart instead
I don't wanna be in this torture called love
Just can't go back to you being the only thing I'm thinking of
Don't wanna love you no more I just can't do it
Can't risk it all for that one last hit
For old time sake or nothing like that
I'm glad where I am and staying where I'm at
You broke my heart and left me for dead
Didn't look back you just kept moving ahead
Without one second thought
Now I'm the one confused and caught
Cuz you come and just take everything back
I'm supposed to be hating you but you threw that outta whack
Stuck in the middle of what i want and what I need
I need you but I want what I have, or is it the other way around... see what i mean?
Lost and confused, the story of my life
All this back and forthing ain't nothing but trife
You don't know what you want and you're confused
And the confusion within you makes me feel used
Or maybe the real problem is you knew all along what you wanted
But the thought of being so deep makes you feel haunted
Scared of the unknown or the what you think you know
Can't wait 'til the day I can say I told you so
Cuz the problem is this, and you won't admit
that you've been wanting me the same as i want you... see you too are an addict
Slowly you're falling back in the habit too!
Only difference is; that I'm your drug babes, mine is you.

No comments: