Sunday, May 23, 2010

Unforgivable silence

Shocked by the nothingness you hear
The silence is deafening to your ears
You've called my phone but to no avail
I didn't even attempt to respond to your email
Full of I'm sorries and I apologize
Sounds to me like a bundle of lies
You watch and wait for a "hey" in an im
But deleted you are so I wouldn't see your name again
Removed that temptation to reach out to you
Relinqushed the interest in anything you do
Refuse to read an update of status on facebook
Unfriended so I won't have to take a second look
At your name, and your doings
Your comings and your goings
Then a stumble to your profile and a peek into your pics
Just to see what your up to, and then I'm feelin sick
Wishin I was with you, needing it so bad
Missin you and the good times that we had
But also missing the point of the silence you deserve
So I'm standing my ground I swear I'll not swerve
From the path of freedom that I so yearn
And the respect that thru all these years I have earned
Put up with things I didn't have to
Allowed myself in situations just to prove
That no matter what I would always be here
No matter how hurt I was or how little u care
No matter how damaging... you wouldn't be alone
I argued nagged and pleaded while you'd hymn and moan
Annoyed by my voice but not realizing that its cuz I once cared
But that unforgivable silence befalls you and now you're scared
Silence is much louder and cuts way deeper than any words screamed
More painful than you've ever fathomed or barely even dreamed
Lacking the strength to forgive and ability to forget
Back into my world, my life my heart... I just can't let
Yes that deafening silence is screeching in your ear
I posess no words to say to you, for I no longer care.
©Deanna D. Morris

No comments: